Is pressure treated timber dangerous for kids play equipment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anybody tell me if Pressure Treated Softwood is safe to use for childrens garden play structures?

I remember seeing something about the chemicals used (CCA's ??) leaking out and being potentialy carconagenic.

If PTT is not suitable what cost effective timber should I look to use?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Burnt sausages and burgers are potentially carcinogenic too. There's some compound beginning with "A" that I can't remember, formed in food when cooked at over 120 deg C that's carcinogenic, so that's any fried or roasted or baked. Now, about this wood...............

funny you should mention bbqs oilman. i think the only problem with pressure treated wood is when its burnt it can cause a chemical reactio which releases a trace of arsnic from the chemicals used. Then again your kids wont be setting light to it (well unless thye follow in my footsteps when i was a kid!!) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back