IS there A Such a Thing As This

B

BOB..DOLE

Can i get a programme that writes what i say on wordpad or word etc..

instead of me using a keypad but the use of say a mic read through my work and it types it in for me as i talk.

Sponsored Links
VRS ... voice recognition software. I don't know about Talk-Type but I can vouch for Dragon products. Currently using "Naturally Speaking". Works very well for me and is also fairly cheap.

Sponsored Links
These have been around for years and ive so far never met one person who says they work fully without errors, first saw these over 10 years ago and now the best ive seen is dragon but even thats not 100% it has to learn your voice, and still gives errors ! Id personally stick to typing, most people who would use this sort of software can type as fast as they can speak anyway.

systemtek said:
most people who would use this sort of software can type as fast as they can speak anyway.
I wish. I have to write long reports, from time to time, and my typing is dreadful. I find trying to "type and think" simultaneously very difficult. Before you say it ... no I can't afford a secretary/typist!

Yes, VRS programs are not infallible but they more you use them the better they become as they gradually "learn" how you speak.

Like I say. Each to their own. I like Dragon and it's worked for me well over the last 6 years or so I've been using it.

pchelpman said:
systemtek said:
most people who would use this sort of software can type as fast as they can speak anyway.
I wish. I have to write long reports, from time to time, and my typing is dreadful. I find trying to "type and think" simultaneously very difficult. Before you say it ... no I can't afford a secretary/typist!

Yes, VRS programs are not infallible but they more you use them the better they become as they gradually "learn" how you speak.

Like I say. Each to their own. I like Dragon and it's worked for me well over the last 6 years or so I've been using it.

what is the full name of this product.and are you using it now to write in these forums

The product is : http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/

Personally i wouldnt ever use it, and after 15 years of working in IT ive never met 1 person who has had this or any such product that has worked fully. Just my experiance of such products. From a support point of view to me they are more hastle than they are worth.

But again people buy it so its up to you. In my job ive seen many trials done on such software to try to reduce staff costs, give them to managers to use so they dont need a secretary etc, all trails have failed.

The only systems which are truly excellent are those with specific vocabularies (such as the terms Radiologists use when creating a report from an X-Ray). Because the language is less ambiguous the software is pretty close to 100% accurate and fast.

Downside is ... Yup, you've guessed it ££££'s ;)

The software for general dictation is getting better all the time though.

BOB..DOLE said:
what is the full name of this product.and are you using it now to write in these forums
You have a link to the product now (thanks systemtek) and, no, I don't use it to dictate posts directly into forums. I'm not dictating this one, for instance.

However, if I'm asked to fix a nasty malware infection problem, perhaps requiring several stages, then I would probably draft my reply using DNS in Word.

Once completed I would "copy & paste" the result into the thread.

I agree this isn't for everyone but, like I say, each to their own. Try it and see. I'd be interested to know how you get on but, remember, the VRS will only improve the more you "train" it. It will get used to your voice in time.

pchelpman said:
BOB..DOLE said:
You have a link to the product now (thanks systemtek) and, no, I don't use it to dictate posts directly into forums. I'm not dictating this one, for instance.

However, if I'm asked to fix a nasty malware infection problem, perhaps requiring several stages, then I would probably draft my reply using DNS in Word.

Once completed I would "copy & paste" the result into the thread.

I agree this isn't for everyone but, like I say, each to their own. Try it and see. I'd be interested to know how you get on but, remember, the VRS will only improve the more you "train" it. It will get used to your voice in time.

HI I GOT MYSELF TALK IT /TYPE IT ULTRA AND IT IS FANTASTIC IT WORKS PERFECT AND ALSO SAFES ME A LOT OF TIME.

WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE YEARS AGO.

IT TOOK ME 30 SECONDS OR LESS TO DO THIS WRITING AND I HAVE ONLY HAD AND IT ONE HOUR …

I think you need a new microphone as you are having to shout into that one. :LOL: ;)

I've JuicED tRyed WrotTen thEEsE YoUUsen vICe ReeKcOGnishOoN INd EEt wiRKs AA tREet?

Sponsored Links
Back