Is there such a thing as a plug-in light for a shaver socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dual voltage shaver socket in my en-suite shower room and I wondered if there was such a thing as a plug-in light, either 110v or 240v that could safely be plugged into the shaver socket (there isn't enough room for a shaver light due to a sloping ceiling). :confused:

Sponsored Links
Any useful light would probably be too powerful to be powered by the shaver socket output. It would need to be wired in to the shaver socket supply side.

Shaver-lights don't have to go above the mirror though (in fact they're useless for shaving there as men need the chin illuminated, so side lighting or even a light below the mirror is better)

Shaver sockets are (nominally) happy to deliver 20watts.

I have a 2-pin 5watt night light that I bought in France. I plug it into the shaver socket in a bathroom when we have folk staying. It has a photocell so the light only comes on at night.

Works well but I plan to change it for a ceiling LED lamp and PIR when the room is refurbished so there is a low-level light over the loo that only comes on at night when someone enters the room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back