Is this an acceptable gap size between fascia and wall?

IME some professional tradespeople just want to get the job done as quickly as possible and don’t really care what it looks like, especially if they think you can’t see it. No doubt these same tradespeople wouldn’t do the same on their own properties. The basic job is done but I then have to spend my time on fixing all the smaller but important details.

Sponsored Links
Considering how curvy the bloody render is perhaps there is inadequate overhang at some points. Whats best to do?
IMG_20230407_132509.jpg

I have water streaming down here, even though it appears to have ok overhang at this point! is the gutter misaligned??

IMG_20230405_182027.jpg

You can try to install eaves support trays to direct the water in to the gutter?

Sponsored Links
IME some professional tradespeople just want to get the job done as quickly as possible and don’t really care what it looks like, especially if they think you can’t see it. No doubt these same tradespeople wouldn’t do the same on their own properties. The basic job is done but I then have to spend my time on fixing all the smaller but important details.
I agree with this. I remember at school our craft & design teacher (yes I'm that old!) saying it's important to ensure the stuff that can't be seen is still constructed in a decent robust manner. A roof has to be a prime candidate for this, however that changed to a degree with the advent of cameras with decent zooms and now drones. Look at all the videos online of shoddy workmanship that's hidden (plumbing, electrics etc.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back