Is this any good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by millerman, 5 Sep 2011.

1. millerman

millerman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I need to replace my ageing desktop and have come accross this one below, also local to me so i can collect. I surf the net a lot and download a fair amount, plus i store a couple hundred photos. I need something thats fast and capable plus the fact i,m a middle aged guy still coming to grips with a PC i need your help. Is this any good? I will also have them install Windows 7. Thanks for your input.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200638370684?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

2. GR8DAN

GR8DAN

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks like a standard PC built from common components. Will handle your needs easily. For such machines good support is essential, if they are friendly enough and you can go in to talk to them face to face it makes life easier. When they install Windows ask them to install the free Microsoft Security Essentials or AVG Fee Edition (both do anti-virus and anti-spyware). Do not surf the web until you have an anti-virus running. That PC is not suitable for modern gaming, video processing or music making.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. krisdorey

krisdorey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Gaming agreed, it would be fine for video and music work unless you were really taxing it with cubase.

Even premiere cs5 will be fine with that for home use

5. millerman

millerman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks guys.

6. Sponsored Links