It looks like its time to hang up the u guage

B

B.O.B DOLE

It lookes to me that all self employed gas engineers will be exstinct in the next 12 month looks like british gas has seen to that have you heard the latest offer they are doing £80 for parts labour and fault finding and vat
how can anyone compete at these rates.

Sponsored Links
Not something I've heard, as far as i'm aware the current price of 132 outside the m25 or 144 inside still stands.....where did you hear that from bob?

That`s british gas, bob has heard of :LOL: NOT British Gas with a website at house.co.uk :oops: "He who would Vaillant be, `gainst all disaster,Let him with constancy,Follow the Master" Master of the wind up BOBon the Dole :eek: There`s no discouragement,shall make him once relent, his first avowed intent to be a Pil**** (pilgrim)with thanks to John Bunion.

Even if they did Joe Public would soon get sick of them by the eighth visit to the same fault. I get most of my new customers from BG.

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
Not something I've heard, as far as i'm aware the current price of 132 outside the m25 or 144 inside still stands.....where did you hear that from bob?

Igot a leaflet through my door today and it only applies if you are a british gas costomer

how do i attach the pic i will scan it for you to prove its not a wind up

meldrew's_mate said:
Even if they did Joe Public would soon get sick of them by the eighth visit to the same fault. I get most of my new customers from BG.

That's the problem BG have to keep going until the problem is sorted, the option of fitting and charging for a couple of parts then sticking the customers number on ignore is not there. Not you maybe, but there's a lot that do.

bob scan the flyer and post it up on a free gallery site, then post us the link.

I used to do some breakdown call outs for an insurance company who only charged the clients £40 per year on top of their home insurance and they had all their applioances including boiler covered. I had to do whatever it took to make it work but there was one case I replaced the boiler Saunier Duval (even the sd service agent from York went to it and said it had to be a new boiler) the customer had to pay for that one, but mostly they got a hell of a lot of work and parts for such little money. It's a numbers game for big firms, they rely on the fact that many boilers go on for 5 years between mishaps.

I gave up that work because they had me traipsing all over Yorkshire.

ollski said:
meldrew's_mate said:

That's the problem BG have to keep going until the problem is sorted, the option of fitting and charging for a couple of parts then sticking the customers number on ignore is not there. Not you maybe, but there's a lot that do.

bob scan the flyer and post it up on a free gallery site, then post us the link.

will do can you suggest a free site i dont know any

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back