Jigsaws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to purchase a jigsaw, and have seen some described as "pedulum".

Now I might assume this to be significant, and possibly an advantage, but can someone explain what if any advantage is to be gained by having one of these?

Cheers,

Ron

Sponsored Links
In my opinion you should get the best tool you can afford and if there is a choice of Pendulum or non Pendulum then get the Pendulum. What it does is gives the blade a bit of a forward and backward motion so giving a faster cut. To the occassional user it might not be as important but if you are going to put it through it's paces regurlarly then you would get more benefit from the machine. Can you try the machine before you buy because it is just as important to have a tool you feel comfortable using ?

Thanks for that info, amazing how much sense the word makes when you have a little desripction to help!

Doubt if I'll get a chance to actually try the thing out before buying, but I'll ceratinly not be going for the cheapest. We've just moved into a new house where just about every room is going to require more than just a cosmetic lick of paint, so I suspect we'll become our very own testing ground!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back