Joining the earth in 10mm t&e

G

Gazzza

I've got 10mm t&e running from the Consumer Unit for the electric shower. Its on a 45A fuse.

I've added a 30mA 63A double pole RCD between the CU and the shower for added protection. The live and neutrals obvisouly now run through the RCD. This leaves the earth.

Silly question time - How do I now join the earth wires which do not go through the RCD ? Biggest terminal block i can see is 30amp ?

G

Sponsored Links
Cheers chris...

And can you believe i just found 60amp terminal blocks in Wilko's on the high street for 99p a strip ! Thats the last place i expected to find them!

I can't tell you how many places i went in over the w/e that only had up to 30amp strips.

G

Sponsored Links
you could also split the earth from each cable in half (its stranded in 10mm) sleeve each half seperately and join them using two segments of chock block rather than one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back