Joining two real beech breakfast bar worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My builder is fitting the kitchen next week and I have a limited amount of confidence on whether he really knows his stuff.

So I can make sure, can someone tell me how you would join two real beech wooden worktops such that you cannot see the join? The MFI ones come in 2m lengths and we need 2.5m size.

I think he is used to using metal bars with laminate tops and this is a different story altogether.

cheers

D

Sponsored Links
The easiest way is to use bolts, as used in mitre joints.

As your builder was considering using metal strips it's doubtful he would have the right tools to route these in. Another way is strap clamps, as used on flooring but they then require biscuits.

Tell him you do not want a metal strip and see what he comes up with.

fitter,

I prefer worktop tiles which you don't have to worry about the joints :)

What do you mostly see worktop or tiles finish ?

Sponsored Links
Masona.. These days I do not see many tiles on worktops, if I do it is usually on the tops I am taking out. In most cases the lady of the house complains about how difficult they were to keep clean which does seem to be a problem if grout is used.

I was in MFI the other day and noticed that about a third of the displays featured solid wood tops, which is something I really like and can see them becoming more popular, there is one of mixed wood which is one of the nicest I've ever seen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back