Joining wires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Had a bit of an accident yesterday, drilled through a main power cable, blew the fuse at the main fuse box.
Question
I rewired the fuse in the main fuse box (15 amp) Then i chiseled out the wall to find out the damage done to the wire when i drilled through the wall, i need to replace a section of cable from the point i damaged to the socket it runs to, if i can do this what would be the best thing to use, a junction box, or connecting blocks.
Why i am asking this is that to trace the wire all the way back to the junction box it is connected to, i would have to chisel out the wall for about 4 feet, then lift the t & G floor boards in my daughters bedroom.
I hope i can connect the cable in one of the two ways that i have suggested, or it looks like a long job.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
You'll have to crimp it, using proper rachet crimers, and enclose it in a chocbox, you'll have to get some slack in the cable to do this, which shouldn't be a problem as long as its under capping, but if its just pastered in, there will be a problem.

youll have to crimp it and wrap with self amalgamating tape to make waterproof for when plaster goes on.

also, you should have repaired the fault BEFORE replacing fuse

Thank's
Adam-151 and Andy, for your prompt replies, looks like i will be doing some work this weekend.
Andy looking at it now, i should have repaired it before replacing the fuse.
Thanks again lad's :D

Sponsored Links
so easily done, fitting new kitchen at home traced all the cables first mounted the units fine then had to put a secondary fixing in one unit, just about to drill and remembered cable in that area and avoided just in time. That would have ****ed me off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back