JTL Training.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some exams tomorrow with JTL with a view on getting on their Advanced Apprenticeship. Does anyone have any good or bad experiances with this company.? Am i wasting my time going down this route?. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanx Paul.

Sponsored Links
I have nothing but bad things to say about JTL

We tried to put an apprentice through with them and they

1 change the assesor about ten times
2 all of the assesors were quite bullying in there manner (when they came out)
3 their office has no idea what the hell is going on (our lad left us in dec and we informed them and so far the guv has recieved four letters asking for our appraisal of him)

they are a joke IMHO

I used to have an apprentice who was training via JTL. They seemed to me to be totally disorganised bunch of losers who were more interested in teaching old stuff rather than modern relevant plumbing/heating.

Sponsored Links
Dependent on area. My appre tice has done a year with jtl. The man in Malton who visits Nick is a top man. Every time he tries to get me to go full time for them, but spending all my working life trying to keep 17yr old toerags attention doessn't appeal.

I think Malton branch is getting it right.

Paul Barker said:
Dependent on area. My appre tice has done a year with jtl. The man in Malton who visits Nick is a top man. Every time he tries to get me to go full time for them, but spending all my working life trying to keep 17yr old toerags attention doessn't appeal.

I think Malton branch is getting it right.

I'd have to agree. All the lads that I've seen pass through the Malton Branch seemed ok to me, when I was working at Travis round the corner. Obviously this is my opinion from the outside. :D

Ive an apprentice [lady] who has just completed her foundation course at JTL...it took several more months to complete the examinations, still no certificates yet. :eek:

She is due to start her NVQ2 [or some thing similar] in September; Ive been waiting to hear back from them [JTL] since February; but so far no letter/s :confused:

Ive asked the course supervisor; when is the course due to start in Septmeber....no one knows :rolleyes:

Will up date you all; when some thing happens, but dont hold your breath!

No wonder the Plumbing trade is in such bad state.!!

Just not fair on the few youngsters who actually want to train. They see an organisation who gives no credible lead in mental attitude towards work. JTL just want the money for training but don't deliver.

Well, I went and sat the relative easy examinations on Friday. About 20 or so people there (2 old gits there and thats incl myself). So just waiting to hear by letter if i have passed the exams. Though because of my age there are only a few places available, so will just have to wait and see.

The replies to this thread seem to indicate an organisation, like many others just have the cash they can make on getting ppl into employment/training without delivering any credible knowledge or work based learning. Will keep you upto date with how things progress. Thank you for the replies to date.

WelshMan said:
The replies to this thread seem to indicate an organisation, like many others just have the cash they can make on getting ppl into employment/training without delivering any credible knowledge or work based learning.

Sounds about right.

Good luck though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back