junction boxes lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on a rewire 4 bed house We have used a junction box instead of ceiling rose above sunroom ceiling . we have taken the light drop through wall to outside light sl goes to 2g light switch other switch controlling light in sunroom .live neutral go on from jb to next light in kitchen all 1.5mm
all standard stuff I thought until I was told jbs have to be accessible which it is not

is the above good and will the nice man from niceic accept it. I was hoping to use this job as an example of work for assessment part P.

i think I would now bring my neutral down into the switch and chock block to the return neutral from the lamp

should I make niceic inspector aware of deviation and show how I would get around it in future
will he give me some sort of improvement order like corgi do
will he fail me
should i find another job to show him :oops: :oops: [/code]

Sponsored Links
Yes!

You could crimp connections, but I think he may frown upon any connections not accessible.

planning on learning more about crimps, I thought they were a permanent fix so you didn't have to enclose them other than in heat shrink and therefor would be ok in a floor/wall/ceiling. :confused: :eek:
So you could use them to extend all the cabals if you deeded to move a consumer unit????

Anyway i was told today neicice are partnered up with corgi and they have a no deviation rule so i guess neice will as well and i've some ceilings to pull down and replaster. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back