1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping/using existing oversite.

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by Davespud, 21 Jun 2021.

1. Davespud

Davespud

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello, There is currently a garage where a soon to be built extension is going. Having dug a hole the oversite seems to be good, approx 150mm concrete over 150mm hardcore. The top of it is about 240mm below finished floor height in the existing house.
    The thing i'm unsure of is it ok in the Building control application to simply write oversite to be agreed with inspector?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. itsnotplumb

itsnotplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not sure if this will help but I once put in an application stating I intended to have oversite then DPM then insulation then screed. But changed my mind between pouring the oversite and the next stage. So The inspector said I could lay 8 inch joists on the oversite, and fill in between with 8 inches of jablite and chipboard on top. So I guess you could say you intend to build one method and discuss it with the the inspector and get permission to change it if you need.