KESTON BOILER - Can Anyone Help Please??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, have recently moved into new house and in order to free up some space, I am thinking of putting a new boiler and a (mega flow) cylinder in my cellar. Have had some plumbing advice and have been told that the only way to do it is with a 'Keston' condensing boiler, as they can be put virtually anywhere (and because the route of the flue needs to take). Does anyone have any experience of these boilers? I nearly fell over when I was told that the cost of the boiler alone is £2000. Are there any other alternatives brands or solutions anyone can think of? It seems a little expensive for a four bedroom terrace. Would appreciate any advice. Cheers. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev. Have you ever heard of the brand - and are they any good? I've had Potterton in the past and they have all been virtually trouble-free. Are there any other brands that allow you to house the boiler virtually anywhere (as the Keston does). Finally, does that price sound reasonable, simply for the hard cost of the boiler alone? Cheers.

potterton trouble free :LOL: you must have got the only one mate
keston are a good boiler if installed on a clean system
the price as i told you before is between you and the installer :)

Sponsored Links
new potterton powermax.most efficient boiler at present.Delivers hot water at a rate of 30lts per min minimum upto 48its per min max , depending upon size of boiler. can flue almost anywhere.Cost approx. 1400.

Nobody's asked what size boiler you need! Several makes have flexible flue options now, Glow worm is another. Boiler prices are all over the web so have a look. BUt fitting a boiler is likely to cost youseveral hundred, ie plus the boiler. Fitting a Megaflo will also cost a fair bit in labour.

It IS possible to fit a Megaflo in a cellar, but they're nearly always done wrongly below ground. Quiz your installer who MUST have a card saying he's trained and tested to install the thing. If it blows up you'll have no house and no insurance otherwise.

Kestons aren't particularly reliable, but if you pick a model they've had out for a few years they'll have got rid of the design issues.

Cant understand why Keston dont mention the manual overheatstat in their user instructions, had to hunt and find it for myself, why not fit it on the outside for easier access, had to remove the front cover to reach it, such a basic item difficult to get at :( they dont seem anything special to me from what I have seen, so why the big price :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back