key stuck in lock!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a 100mm euro cylinder lock on my front door and the key is stuck and will not turn in any direction. Any suggestions on how to turn the key so I can remove and replace the cylinder?

Sponsored Links
squirt WD40 in from the other side, remove handles, push another key in from the other side to try & dislodge it?

Sponsored Links
i have been repairing all dg for 25 years, wd40 to start basically wash the lock out put plenty of tissue on the floor under the door, gently wiggle and pull the key until it frees(the pins in the lock have jammed the key, years of atmospheric dirt) when key is free carry on washing out the key barrel, lots of black gunk will come out. if all this fails .....

I guess it wont be long before the mods are editing/deleting other posts on this topic :eek:

This topic is treading on dodgy ground when it comes to advice on how to get a lock open(can you see where im going with this?)

Exactly, at least the op says there is a key stuck in the lock.

Tony

Tony

Can you vouch for the OP - do you know him/her ?

With regard to security - some advice is given far too freely, without consideration of the OP's motive. Granted, the information is often available via other sources on the web - but that doesn't make it ok to post here.

Tony

Can you vouch for the OP - do you know him/her ?

With regard to security - some advice is given far too freely, without consideration of the OP's motive. Granted, the information is often available via other sources on the web - but that doesn't make it ok to post here.

Whit Wooo, get you!
The OP has asked how to get a key that is stuck in the lock out, not how to remove the lock. Or break the door down without being heard.
Why quote me when I am agreeing about the security issue's with locks on forums?

Tony

With all the stuff in the press recently about the problems with euro's i do not think they need to be told by us how to snap a euro

Exactly like outlaw has just posted, and i was not telling them how to break in(just as well smash the window) i was telling them how to take the euro out, ........ you still have to turn the locking mech so it opens so unless you know what you are doing it is not really that quick and easy imo

This is quite a common problem with euro cylinders, mole gip the key, then gently pull out wards, theshould then come out.

If the key will move, but wont come out, take the lock out, then remove the key, the lock then will have o be picked from both sides halfway around, then move the central cam to the bottom, you can then put your key in ten turn back to normal, do this on both sides, hen re insert the lock, problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back