kill a tree-will it fall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have trees at my backgarden-the trees are ok but the leaves coming off them in autumn is a pain-If I cut some of the bark off will the tree die and then fall on me. Can I cut some of the bark off and therefore reduce the foliage?

Sponsored Links
i had read all those
but none answer my query
if I strip off the bark will it fall on me

If a Tree dies, then yes one day it will fall down.

But apart form that, you must take into consideration that some trees are protected by Presevation Orders. You could end up in court for killing it.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to pick this one up so late. What type of tree is it? How big is the trunk? If it's less than 5 inches diameter at about chest height, you probably don't need a licence to remove it. If it's bigger than that, you will need a Forestry commission licence, AND it will weigh a hell of a lot. I suggest you don't play with it, it can do an awful lot of damage if it goes in the wrong place.

Oilman, doubt if you will get a reply, this was Teresa Green's last post over two months ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back