kitchen cabinet replacements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago I had just the cupboard door facings replaced by SEARS, (using the original shelving that was initially installed when the house was built.)I am wondering how to clean this finish. Now after almost 8-10 years it is looking a little grimey but I don't want to destroy the oak wood finish on it. Any suggestions what is safe to use on this type of cupboard door?? Someone recommended I use steel wool but wouldn't that scratch the wood?

Sponsored Links
well thanks janitor but at the risk of appearing a dunce here, what Is sugar soap?Never heard of it. Is this something commonly available? I am in Canada..

Bunncat said:
well thanks janitor but at the risk of appearing a dunce here, what Is sugar soap?Never heard of it. Is this something commonly available? I am in Canada..

I could tell from the American accent! ;) :D

No, you didn't, I had a quick look on Google.ca and came up with diddly squat...

Its used by decorators all the time in the UK UK Website
Maybe you could import it and make your millions! :D

You might have more luck in searching than I did though :cry:

I couldn't even find an online DIY Store... (hardware?) whatever!

Sponsored Links
what accent? :eek: Canadians don't have accents unless they are in the Eastern party of Canada where French is spoken. OR you are a immigrant from another country with an accent. Our claim to fame is Hockey and using the word,"eh" as in Canadian eh? LOL.

Actually I dont even know of any DIY stores in Canada either just found this site surfing..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back