kitchen plinths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am finishing off fitting my kitchen, but I have a question. I have got normal 3m plinths for the front and return plinths aswell, the return plinths are 1" higher than the front. How do I fit these things?

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
the return plinths are 1" higher than the front.
Not sure what you mean,you have a plinths on front of the base unit then a return plinths which I'm not sure about?

Yes I have plain white units with styled doors then I have boards of the same style as the door to fix to the showing sides of the units to match them. The standard plinths are for the fronts, no problem, but the return plinths, for the sides I presume, are 1" wider with a 10mm step in one edge. I don't get it at all. Units from Howdens if it helps.

Normally,we don't put a return plinths with a decor door on end base unit,wouldn't look right.The return plinths I think you're talking about is for at the other side of the base unit eg free standing or breakfast bar etc.Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for but I can only go by reading the question.

Sponsored Links
I have fitted over 50 Howdens kitchen's over the last 18 month's or so and what you should really have on the ends of base units is a custom end panel (which are the boards you mentioned) and it fixes to the side of the unit and so matches the particular colour of your doors rather than seeing a white carcase and will sit to the floor and then the plinth will butt up to this on the front of the unit.

Thanks guys, customfit panels...that is what I have got but I also have a pile of return plinths and couldn't work out what to do with them. Nice one I can finish the kitchen now

i think no i now youll find if you put the plinth returns upside downrebated edge to floor place at side of unit mark pencil line on unit
measure from bottom of unit to pencil line
cut this much of plinth return bottom
not the rebated cut out
because youll find the cut out butts up to the leg sockets on the unit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back