Kitchen Tap mounting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to fix a kitchen mixer tap with a body base diameter of 55mm. The problem is that the hole that is drilled thru the worktop is 55mm! Hence the tap has nothing to sit on and the horseshoe locking washer underneath has nothing to bite onto!
I could bodge the washer underneath with strips of metal but can anyone suggest ideas for the top?
What I would ideally need is a 60mm diameter stainless washer with a 40mm diameter hole in it, it needs to have an acceptable finish on the eye.
Are there any mounting plates that I could find?

Sponsored Links
Look up your nearest small engineering company, they may be able to turn one up from a solid billit or thick plate. Most kitchen taps only need a 35mm hole BTW.

Jason

Thanks Jason,
I am rapidly reaching this conclusion, the only other thing I can think of is to mount the tap into a new hole and blank off the old one with something.
This might be cheaper if I can find a suitable blanking plate in chrome or stainless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back