Kitchen Worktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just ordered our new kitchen which includes these modern, high gloss mdf/formica worktops in a black granite finish.
We like them and they seem to be the only ones available that match the units but our joiner has strongly warned us against using them and says that they scratch easily and will quickly become covered in scratches.
We questioned the supplier who gave the usual answer...anything can get scratched but they are very tough...and advised that since we don't have young children we should be fine :rolleyes:
Does anyone have experience of these worktops? I can't understand how they could be sold if their so vulnerable to scratches...and they ain't cheap either! We'd appreciate some advise.
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Both the supplier & joiner are right in what they say.

If I know there are young children in the house, I always warn the customer about scatches.

The whole problem is that any scratch no matter how small, stands out on a gloss worktop, where as on a normal one you proberly would not even notice it.

Both my brother and I changed our kitchens about 3 years ago. We both have the same gloss worktop. His is badly scratched ours isn't, he has kids we don't.

Nod

Sponsored Links
So in other words, as long as you don't use them, they'll last a lifetime.

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back