kitchen worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to replace my kitchen laminated worktop, i bought a pro-joint system. I will have to cut out for hob & s/s sink. Any tips?

Sponsored Links
Get the dimensions of the cutouts from the installation instructions. Usually there is a tolerance, e.g. 480mm +5 -0.

Using a square mark out the cutout on the worktops - draw with a pencil so that it can be rubbed off if needs be. Draw the maximum and minimum dimensions - you can then aim to cut between them. Check the diagonals are the same length, if not, then your cutout will not be square.

Check underneath the proposed cut lines - there may be supporting brackets which could play hell with your jig-saw.

Finally, re-check you dimensions a couple of times, so you don't end up scrapping the worktop. Drill a small hole at two diagonally opposite corners to insert the jigsaw blade - the hole should be just tangential to the cut lines.

Make the cuts slowly with a jigsaw, you will generate a fair bit of dust so be prepared for a mess. You might want to wear ear-plugs, eye protection and a dust mask while you are cutting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back