Kyoto? What about it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[url=http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=892792006]LINK[/url] said:
As its economic boom shows no sign of weakening, China is under pressure to find a way to clean up its coal plants and the thousands of factories that burn the fuel.
The increase in global-warming gases from China's coal use will probably exceed that for all industrialised countries combined over the next 25 years, surpassing by five times the reduction in such emissions that is called for under the Kyoto Protocol...

Already, China uses more coal than the United States, the European Union and Japan combined. And it has increased coal consumption by 14% in each of the past two years in the broadest industrialisation ever. Every seven to 10 days, another major coal-fired power plant opens somewhere in China. To make matters worse, India is following China in stepping up its construction of coal-fired power plants and its population is expected to outstrip China's by 2030.

Our contribution from vehicles must be miniscule compared to that lot alone !! I guess the big hammer is wielded in UK for revenue purposes. How many people think we are a big enough polluter to have any effect either by reduction or example alone??

:(

Sponsored Links
Going out in the 'crusier now, dammit, I'll have my share!! I'll drive in a westerly direction, so as to send my exhaust eastwards!

Who knows where it will all end, not favourably for humans, I would guess, but fear not, mother nature can take care of herself and is adept at fending off minor irritants, like ourselves.

Sponsored Links
Back