lady kenmore maybe overheating

t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i bought an old lady kenmore top loading electric washingmachine about 3 months ago and till now has worked well. The problem is that the washer will start then stop a few seconds later but you can still hear the timer ticking away and a small humming sound very low like its still on but not working. Has the same result for every mode of wash. Also once it stops and you try to say go to another mode and start it it wont work but after waiting for a bit it will run for a few seconds then stop. I pulled out the washer to take a look at it and noticed the motor was very hot. I let the washer sit for 10 min and tried again with the same results...runs for a few secs then stops...if i keep it on it will keep running for a few seconds stop then say 6 min later run for another few seconds then stop. It seems like my motor is overheating maybe. If so can i fix it, is it maybe a short or is the motor just old and needs replacing? i would appreciate any advice you may have.
thanks
t

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back