Laminate flooring on stairs

cpd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I have Lamainate flooring on the floor at the top and bottom of my stairs (hall and landing) whats the best way of doing the stairs. I know the treads can be laid with laminate but what about the risers. The stairs are currently carpeted and underneath they are half painted ala 30s and 40s stylee.

Whats the best way around this?

Sponsored Links
What makes you think I didnt look, because I didnt find it? Perhaps Im not as good as you.

Thanks for being so rude, I think i understand why most questions go unanswered

we are buying a 1930s house and plan to rip all the laminate out.! i have seen laminated stairs though with a sort of rubber and metal strip along the edge where the treads and risers meet. wont it make your stairs a bit slippy in your stocking feet if you laminate them.?

Sponsored Links
cpd said:
What makes you think I didnt look, because I didnt find it? Perhaps Im not as good as you.

Thanks for being so rude, I think i understand why most questions go unanswered
Yeah it's real tough trying to find stuff on here. :rolleyes: You click "search", you type in "stairs" then select the forum you want to search (namely floors, stairs, lofts, floor tiling) and hit the search button. If you struggle with something so simple, it might be best to get someone in to do your stairs for you. :p
Oh and please don't thank me for spending my time pointing you in the right direction. I won't bother next time.

vivandpete said:
wont it make your stairs a bit slippy in your stocking feet if you laminate them.?
No not really. The stair nosings on mine are waxed finished oak. They're not slippy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back