Large output on small rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have quite a large kitchen diner approx 20x14 feet to try & heat.
Due to a kitchen refit & a knock through to a new porch the existing large DP convector has had to be removed, the problem i've got is the max size rad i can fit now width wise, is approx 500-600mm. No problem vertically i'm clear up to about 1.8m can anyone recommend a decent vertical rad with a 5000-6000ish btu output.
I've also been looking at fan assisted rads from Myson mainly the Myson Slim-Line, seems to be ideal dimensions & output wise, the only sticking point is the price (£320) has anyone had any experiences with these, are the fans noisy, are they reliable etc etc.
So what do you recommend i should be looking at.
Any advice greatly app'd.
Tim.

Sponsored Links
How about the "kickspace" type fan convectors that fit in the dead space under kitchen units? Very quiet in operation.

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
How about the "kickspace" type fan convectors that fit in the dead space under kitchen units? Very quiet in operation.

Hi Chris,
Without some major work the kickspace heater is a non starter i'm afraid, i'd like to explore what i can do with plumbing & space i've got for the moment.
Cheers.
Tim.

Kitchen/ diner :?: .leave the cooker on :LOL: That`s what we did when I was a nipper and we washed in the kitchen because the bathroom was frozen :!: :LOL:

the poster is commenting on how expensive a slimline heater is wait till he see the price of aluminum rads, .have a look at the myson ones they do a nice vertical rad which should fit and give the output you req again the price will be an issue

bripl said:
the poster is commenting on how expensive a slimline heater is wait till he see the price of aluminum rads, .have a look at the myson ones they do a nice vertical rad which should fit and give the output you req again the price will be an issue

Yep looks as if i'm going to have to spend over 300 quid,so the fan assisted rads looks like the way to go

Nige F said:
Kitchen/ diner icon_question.gif .leave the cooker on icon_lol.gif That`s what we did when I was a nipper and we washed in the kitchen because the bathroom was frozen icon_exclaim.gif icon_lol.gif

House faces North/North East & it can be quite cold, time to get my cavities filled :eek: ;) I can remember having a bath in front of the fire when i was a young'un until i had a brick through my window with a note attatched "WILL YOU PLEASE CLOSE YOUR CURTAINS" :LOL:

Cheers.
Tim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back