laying dpm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all. when layin the dpm below the concrete for a floor slab on an extension i have come up with a slight query. the height of the concrete comes up higher than the original damp proof course on the exterior of the house. this means the dpm cant tie in with that of the houses' dpc unless it is folded back down which seems strange. can anyone suggest the correct method for this situation, many thanks

Sponsored Links
Well, in the absence of anything better...
When your outside extension walls are tied in to the house, a dpc will/should be laid to bridge across and stop any damp between the two tracking or rising. Your concrete base inside the extension will be self-contained within a very large sheet of Visqeen, tied into the dpc of the brickwork.
I don't see a problem if this is the case. What's it say on the plans?
However, your BC officer may have a problem.
I've said before, they're very friendly, and are only too willing to give advice if asked nicely.
That's my experience, anyway. ;)

cheers i have bridged the hieght difference with the dpc, he said as long as the concrete does not touch the wall it should be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back