LEAD LOCK FITTING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone offer any advice on lead lock fitting, 3 sizes i know that much and go up lb,

What types fits 1/2" and 3/4" ?

and how can you tell the weight of the lead pipe yuou want to connect onto?

Sponsored Links
plumber (new blood) said:
and how can you tell the weight of the lead pipe you want to connect onto?

Softus might say that you could weigh it?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I had to use one of these a few weeks back when I cracked an old Copper/lead sweated joint. I used a standard 1/2" 7lb type which I got from screwfix (also saw them at B&? @ about 2.5x the price!!).

Apparently the pipes are quite hard to work out, the suggested metyhod is to measure the outsidde circumference of the pipe with some string (or thread).
Wrap around the pipe twice, then divide this distance (inches) by 6.284, and then subtract the thickness of the string (thread/cotton is better since it's so thin you don't have to worry).

However When I measured this the results didn't really help... :confused:

When I cut the lead i had to shave it down a bit with a file and some steel wool, was a tight fit, but i used the compression ring/collar pushed over the pipe to show where I still had to shave.

Nice tight fit - no leaks...PUKKA JOB :D :D

They are great idea!
You might want to look at
http://www.melimatic.com/lead_loc.htm

Joe no time to f@@k about with string mate had a combi to fit and first fix a kitchen, plus a flue liner to help install. My special string must of got lost in the bottom of my tool box i think?? but thanks for your input my friend

Lost the special string :eek: :eek:

Whatever will you do now - I've been told they're really hard to come by... ;)

No probs matey
Joe :LOL:

Agile said:
Softus might say that you could weigh it?
I would be much more likely to say that you're a hypocritical burk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back