Lead water tank removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I live in a victorian flat still equipped with its original lead-lined wood water tank. I wish to remove this and have a tankless all-mains-fed system (the reason for this is the tank is built into a separate enclosure within the height of the bathroom, so removing it will open up the room). I\\\'ve already converted all the cold water systems to run from the mains, however wanted some advice about the hot water feed. Currently the hot water cylinder is gravity fed from the tank, the hot water cylinder itself is an un-insulated cooper tank that appears to have been recently updated with a new emersion unit. I\\\'m quite happy with doing the pipework to make the hot water mains fed, but wondered if there are any issues involved with this that I haven\\\'t considered. The hot water pressure is currently pretty dismal, so I though of using a restrictor valve on the hot mains feed, so I can increase the pressure in the system without subjecting the system to full mains pressure. Anyone carried out this operation or know of any unexpected pitfalls that I may encounter?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't. Unless a cylinder is designed for unvented use it's gotta be dangerous to do what your talking of. U have to have been on an unvented course, presumably to avoid people doing what you're proposing. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back