Leak in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After every shower there are two areas beneath the bath on the walls that have damp patches. These patches look as if someone had dropped a glass of water down the wall but the damp stops before it reaches the floor. This maybe due to some broken plaster at the base of the wall. There is also a damp/water patch on the floor beneath and around the pipes. There are no loose connections on the pipes as they are bone dry.
Any ideas please as this is driving me nuts.

Sponsored Links
Grout between the tiles.... have seen it let water thru and goes behind the silicone seal :idea:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nige. I read another post that recomended BAL superflex for grouting. Do I just cover the existing grout? I also still can't understand why there is damp patches on the floor beneath the bath.The damp runs down the wall but doesn't reach the floor. The damp on the floor is'nt cause by accidental splashes. :cry:

Best to rake out the grout a bit.......is that supaflex an epoxy type?..could be a nightmare to remove from tiles.I nearly got caught with some epoxy stuff a few years ago.....chemically hardens QUICK :eek: Like car body filler. Should get good advice from a tile shop ;) Round the taps/shower the water is prob. creeping under the taps and bath

Thanks for the help Nige. I've ben advised to cover the grout in a clear silicone sealant which I may try next weekend

Nige F said:
Round the taps/shower the water is prob. creeping under the taps and bath
Errrrrr..was this in response to water on the floor? Still can't fathom what the water prob on floor is :cry:

dustnbones said:
Thanks for the help Nige. I've ben advised to cover the grout in a clear silicone sealant which I may try next weekend

Nige F said:
Round the taps/shower the water is prob. creeping under the taps and bath
Errrrrr..was this in response to water on the floor? Still can't fathom what the water prob on floor is :cry:
yes, `twas a guess :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back