leaking garden shed roof help please !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my shed is leaking bigtime from the roof, how do i fix this ?

is it as simple as just buying felt for the roof ??
any other tips would be most grateful

cheers

Sponsored Links
my shed is leaking bigtime from the roof, how do i fix this ?

is it as simple as just buying felt for the roof ??
any other tips would be most grateful

cheers

Pictures are needed to give useful advice on this.
but yes, refelting the roof would be a good start!
The current weather is a test of any shed so you need to picka dry day , buy some quality felt, and refelt the roof using new galvanised felt nails.

Depending on how much you care about the shed you may need to remove the old felt, dry the OSB sheets on the roof out and re felt when they are dry.

Otherwise, just felt over the top

Don’t buy shed felt its rubbish pay a few pounds more and it will last five times as long.

You could use corroline sheets (Wckes b&q etc) about £8 a sheet (loads of fixings needed), but mine survived last week's wind, and it will last much longer than felt.

Sponsored Links
Don't forget to buy the right size clouts as well. My shed ended up looking like one of those Egyptian torture devices :LOL:

Permaroof.co.uk

Maybe expensive depending on size but will last 30 years+ and can be laid in one piece very easily by yourself.

I'm looking to rebuild a shed and luckily have an off cut from my kitchen/bathroom that will do nicely. Replaced the felt god knows how many times.

My flat roof cost me £300 and I did it myself, they even supplied the scissors, glues, trims etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back