Leaking shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a leak on the hot water outlet side of my NewTeam shower pump where the plastic pressure valve connects to the flexible re-inforced hose. The joint is copper pipe into plastic thread of the valve with a plastic nut and white plastic compresssion olive. It's been ok for years but now leaks when the pump is on. I've stripped the joint....the olive looks ok. I 've re-assembled with and without ptfe tape a couple of times ( olive now duff ?) but can't get it to seal. Any ideas ? copper olives are too small and I can't find plastic olives. Are replacement hoses available ?
Pump.jpg

Sponsored Links
Its a flow switch not a pressure, & I never fit new team but i'm sure it should be on the outlet side of the cold though. ( would explain why its now a problem) That type of plastic nut & compresion ring is easier to seal if on a piece of copper before the flexible hose.Normally u can reseal the with ptfe wrapped around the compresion ring if the nut will slide back far enough.

I'll try ptfe on the olive....There's a flow switch on both hot and cold sides of the pump. "That type of plastic nut & compresion ring is easier to seal if on a piece of copper before the flexible hose".....still leaves me to make a connection to the plastic flow switch if I put in some extra pipework. Are there no magic "sealant in a tube" solutions ?..... I'll eventually be replacing the pump when I get round to doing the bathroom.

Ordinary sanitary type silicone would probably be fine - get everything dry first and let it go fully off before putting the water on.
There are bespoke sealants in tubes, which are designed to be easier to get off, like Fernox LS-X.
Whever I come across joints done with ordinary silicone the only problem is getting them apart, which in your case wouldn't matter.

Sponsored Links
I hope you've got Public Liability Insurance..... must have been too much ptfe and the plastic nut has split....looks like I may be doing the bathroom sooner than I planned :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back