Leaks after gutter/fascia replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had my guttering and fascias replaced, one week ago. Yesterday with the first rain since the replacement I find water dripping in on the inside of one window, and water dripping down the fascia and on to the outside pane.

Does anyone know what has gone wrong here, I'm gonna phone the company that did the work, but would appreciate some feedback first.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I can't see how fascia replacement has caused a window to leak. Your window was perhaps faulty to start with, unless the contractor has given it a hard knock. :confused: As for the fascia dripping water, is the rain blowing straigh onto the fascia, in which case it will drip, especially as it nice and new. Did you have wood or plactic fascia, previously?

I think wood and replaced with plastic. Could the fixing screws be too long and go through or something?

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying its dripping water even when its not raining?

Sponsored Links
Have they put the underfelt back into the gutter or has it been pushed back behind the fascia?

It sounds like Water is getting inside the fascia board dripping onto the soffit, its then falling back towards the wall of the house/window and some is dripping inside, some outside.

Like the other guy said, you need to know wether they have put the felt trim in properly (if they have done any at all) and put it under the exsting felt and not shoved it in over it without lifting the tiles first.

Do all of the bottom row of tiles look fairly straight?

Did you have it overclad or all the wood removed?

Its not much of a problem to sort. :)

============================
locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back