leaky pan connector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thought i'd share this one with you all! I installed a new back-to-wall wc last week and had a few fun and games late on friday nite. basically, when the wc was flushed i was getting ever such a tiny leak from around the pan spigot.

At first i thought it was a dodgy pan connector. it was one which allows the rubber ring to be removed. So I switch to a mcalpine which has a 'captive' rubber ring. flushed again... still a weep! wtf!

ok so pan comes out and i carefully check the bottom of the spigot. found that it wasn't glazed totally and the surface was pitted. so i ran the wire wool around it for a few mins, cleaned up, smeared a little silicon. so far so good and haven't had a call from them over the weekend.

so the moral seems to be check your spigot is nice and smooth before shoving it in the pan connector!

Sponsored Links
or use the flexible ones so you can chuck a few buckets of water down the pan before final fixing :cool:

came across a similar problem with a cheap BTW wc pan about 6 months ago. The spigot had a flat area on it. I think i used epoxy in the end to give a rounded contour. No reported problem yet.

The more tat I fit the more I realise why the large contractors will only specify / fit known quality brands

Sponsored Links
so the moral seems to be check your spigot is nice and smooth before shoving it in the pan connector!

im sure theres a joke there
but the mod would chop it :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back