Leaky Rad system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help. I recently installed a rad system in my house (previously was gas fire heating). I piped the house with plastic pipes and used speedfits (plastic) for the joints. when the condensing combi was connected up there were no leaks. However, now (2 weeks on) the water pressure gauge on the boiler seems to drop a little - suggesting a leak. Considering I have laid the flooring down, is there anyway I can find out if there is a leak anywhere without taking of the flooring for the whole house, or is this normal for a condensing combi? Sorry to be so vague but I could really do with some help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Helped a mate to do his and for the sake of it we used all plastic and it did the same as yours.So he put fernox internal leak sealer in.......checked all the joints and nothing visible anyway :cry: I recon it is because there is a tiny "leak" from them all.and it adds up.Therefore it was in it`self a useful exercise. Some of the guys have said leaksealer is not good with some combi`s so wait for some more replies.Hth.

Dropped a little in 2 weeks? - it's still settling in - at least that's what I tell my customers - hee hee

Seriously though, it's miniscule

Sponsored Links
When you fill a sealed system thru filling loop the water is pretty aerated, this works it's way out of the system thru aav, microleaks etc. 1/2 bar drop is not unusual over a couple of months.
That's what i tell my customers anyway, as i gallop away toward Brokeback mountain...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back