Legend Best 'enters final hours'

Sponsored Links
Who care? He was famous for drunkeness for the past 40 years.

joe

Ironic isn't it? He waited for 24 hour drinking.

joe

Sponsored Links
I guess you boys 'hate' the poor old blighter then?
Is he just the drunk who took a liver?

:(

To be honest, I don't really know enough about him to have much of an opinion one way or the other. Or rather, I know about his recent troubles, but not about his footballing career....

Sad for anyone to go through it, I guess, no matter how much they bring it on themselves.

johnny_t said:
To be honest, I don't really know enough about him to have much of an opinion one way or the other. Or rather, I know about his recent troubles, but not about his footballing career....

Sad for anyone to go through it, I guess, no matter how much they bring it on themselves.

Well if you ever get to see his football on the tv watch it cause he was magical and the best.

Saying that you have an alcholic who is near death and never really hurt anyone or did any harm to anyone and some people here think its a great thing that he is dying or dead, say the same about a terrorist or someone like that and all hell breaks lose----strange that isnt it?

Freddie said:
Saying that you have an alcholic who is near death and never really hurt anyone or did any harm to anyone

What??!?! Alcoholism is terrible. It can tear families apart, make people move house, lead to physical, emotional and sexual abuse. It can cause car accidents making innocent people die. Parents can be bled dry of money. It can put you in a wheelchair, which affects those around you. It makes you go so low you live in excrement, piles of vomit and pools of blood and people come round and beat you up and rob you because you are vunerable. You die and your parents are devastated, and eventually leads to them dieing as they can't take the grief.

Alcoholism is a terrible disease and I have the utmost sympathy for people who have to go through it, whether directly or indirectly.

notb665 said:
Freddie said:
Saying that you have an alcholic who is near death and never really hurt anyone or did any harm to anyone

What??!?! Alcoholism is terrible. It can tear families apart, make people move house, lead to physical, emotional and sexual abuse. It can cause car accidents making innocent people die. Parents can be bled dry of money. It can put you in a wheelchair, which affects those around you. It makes you go so low you live in excrement, piles of vomit and pools of blood and people come round and beat you up and rob you because you are vunerable. You die and your parents are devastated, and eventually leads to them dieing as they can't take the grief.

Alcoholism is a terrible disease and I have the utmost sympathy for people who have to go through it, whether directly or indirectly.

Beam me up scotty :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

No i think you got the wrong end of the stick with my post

Freddie said:
Well if you ever get to see his football on the tv watch it cause he was magical and the best.
[/quotes]

Seeing as the Ronnie Barker DVD compilation was out within days of his death, I wouldn't be surprised if the main TV channels already have the footage cued up :rolleyes:

As to being "the drunk who took the liver", of course that is why people "hate" him. I don't have the slightest clue who he played for, nor do I care. I saw a documentary about him and his wife a few years ago, she seemed to be his rock but he threw that away when he carried on drinking. OK, so who knows if anything else had happened between them?

But the fact is, a man with children, a wonderful wife and a second shot at life is an idiot if he throws it all away for a glass of scotch.

If you read about "Dave Smith, ex-docker from Folkestone who received a liver transplant but then carried on drinking", you would think "What an ungrateful get". You wouldn't care if he was any good at playing football when he was younger.

AdamW said:
Freddie said:
[/quotes]

Seeing as the Ronnie Barker DVD compilation was out within days of his death, I wouldn't be surprised if the main TV channels already have the footage cued up :rolleyes:

As to being "the drunk who took the liver", of course that is why people "hate" him. I don't have the slightest clue who he played for, nor do I care. I saw a documentary about him and his wife a few years ago, she seemed to be his rock but he threw that away when he carried on drinking. OK, so who knows if anything else had happened between them?

But the fact is, a man with children, a wonderful wife and a second shot at life is an idiot if he throws it all away for a glass of scotch.

If you read about "Dave Smith, ex-docker from Folkestone who received a liver transplant but then carried on drinking", you would think "What an ungrateful get". You wouldn't care if he was any good at playing football when he was younger.

I understand what you mean Adam but i refer only to his football, the docu--i saw that aswell and she was quoted recently as saying she hopes he doesnt recover :eek: well if thats true who knows what went on but as they say it takes two to tango

I know of a bloke an alchaholic who owns his own pub, had a heart transplant and still goes on benders and yes he is Irish aswell--nice bloke though.

Freddie said:
[I know of a bloke an alchaholic who owns his own pub, had a heart transplant and still goes on benders and yes he is Irish aswell--nice bloke though.

Nice bloke? He isn't that bad an alcoholic then. Despite the operation.

What I said earlier I said from personal experience. I have seen alcohol directly affect 4 people. What I posted earlier happened as a result from just the one.

Alcoholism is truly awful!

Sponsored Links
Back