Length of Washer/Dishwasher Waste piping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Well at last my new dishwasher has arrived this morning, just in time for Crimbo but I have a problem.

Both my washer and new dishwasher have 1.5m waste hoses and standard length water pipes. It was fairly easy to buy a long cold pipe for the dishwasher or washer depending on which one is further away, but standard waste pipes are only 1.5m, like the hoses already on the machines.

The problem is we cant fasten one of the wastes into anything cos it isnt long enough, if we put the dishwasher under the drainer of the sink the waste fits fine in the stand pipes but then the washer waste doesnt reach the spiggot or the stand pipe either, and vice versa.

Both Hotpoint (who make my dishwasher) and Hoover (who make my washer) said you cant buy long wastes, they dont recommend them, so what do I need to do?

The plan was to have one machine waste in the standpipe and the other connected to the spiggot on the half bowl waste.

As suggested by Breezer (gret guy) I suppose the other other is to run a t off the existing stand pipe and put a new waste on.

Ill keeo you posted unless you have any other suggestions.

Catherine

Sponsored Links
you can actually join m/c waste pipes using a copper pipe of the correct size and 2 jubilee clips, it is how ever not a good idea since the m/c pump may not be able to pump that much water away.

best go for extra stand pipe

Hi Breezer

Things never work out like they should do they.

Well off I toddled to B&Q and got a 2m 40mm pipe, a pushfit elbow and a compression T joint to use with the existing piping there.

Okay hubbie gets home and goes to do it and guess what the pipe that is there is every so slightly bigger, and I mean ever so slight.

So at the mo we have the dishwasher connected and the washer not, and tomorrow we are off to B&Q to get piping to replace the whole pipe through the wall to the drain outside, whilst we are at it we are adding a trap in too.

So a Xmas Eve doing diy is planned.

Im a happy bunny though cos at least this dishwasher works and Im seriously impressed with how well they clean. Glasses are like sparkling.

Catherine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back