Levelling a sloping floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a ground level floor in my house which is sunken - basically it slopes from a point in the middle of the room to one corner in a gentle slope.

Structural engineer has put it down to poor compaction under the floor at build, as no signs of subsidence.

What's the best method for levelling it up? Current floor is concrete with thermoplastic poured coating. The level at it's lowest point is 1.5 inches below the skirting, tapering up the slope to zero.

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK, thanks - i was just wondering if it was new enough to still be settling - I guess not ;)

I would have thought get someone in to screed it - there are people who make a speciality of doing this in new builds, can do a very flat smooth surface.

Sponsored Links
LOL got ya, no definitely a bit past that! (though the with the slope it's on, despite surveyors assurances I'm sure one day I'll come home to find it's moved a few hundred yards south!!!

Only problem with an all over screed is that I cant really raise the level all over, and as it tapers off from deep to nothing, I assumed it would crack up along the edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back