light rose fitting????

ata

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have to change a ceiling light with a loop in fitting rose (i think it is a rose)and there is one green wire , 2 blue, 3 brown from it but unfortunately i took them all out of the fitting to put the new light (one green, one blue, one brown) in, as i thought i only needed to connect one green one blue and one brown to the new light but then discovered they all had to be connected cause first the other lights downstairs didnt work and then after playing around some more the other ones worked but the one i was changing doesnt switch on or off. there are spaces on the rose for 3 , 3 and 2 wires...havent a clue where to put any of them??? please help?

Sponsored Links
The two Blue's are neutral in & out and should connected together and to the blue of the fitting. The browns are most likely phase in & out and switch but without checking with a meter I would not like to guess. I think you are a wire short.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back