Lights won't switch off - Daewoo Matiz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a problem in not being able to switch off the side lights on my 1999 Daewoo Matiz SE. In order to turn them off I have to disconnect the battery. When I connect up again everything is OK until I use the lights again. Then they switch on and off a few times until they refuse to switch off again. On one occasion the lights came on after I had garaged the car. The headlights and indicators that are controlled by the same stalk work OK .

Sponsored Links
Try taking the shroud off the steering column and disconnecting the multiplug for the stalk switch. If that cures it, try a new stalk switch from breakers yard.

SOunds like the relay mate. Get the owners manual, find the relay (normally under the hood) and replace it (about £7).

Had the same problem on my Accord, with the fog lights.

Better not to go and buy anything until you're sure you've found what's causing the problem. It could be the relay but then again, it might not be. If the side lights use a relay on your model, (often only the dip and main beams use a relay) try tapping it when the lights are on. If they are controlled through a relay, it might be possible to swop it (relay) with another on the car to test it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. It looks like it is the relay.I swopped the lights relay with the horn relay and now the horn is sounding strange and the lights appear ok.
This is a great Forum and this has saved me pounds . Thanks again and well done.

I also have a problem with my 1999 daewo matiz parking break light and tail lamps. When i switch on my headlamps, the parking break light comes on and when i turn back the nob to off position my tail lamps wont go off. Plz help!!!!

Back