liquid dpm or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats anyones view on liquid damp proof membranes, eg like Stopgap?

Are they any good? and would you glue a hardwood floor down onto one?

Thx!

Sponsored Links
Either Stopgap 75 or Stopgap 76 are both good products and I have used both.

Normally I use Sika 156 or Sika MB (which is a one coat application) as I use their adhesive products as well which are compatable and flexible!

Some time ago I had to replace a solid oak board after using the Sika system and it was a hell of a job to prise it out so I would certainly recommend their products.

flooringman said:
Normally I use Sika 156 or Sika MB (which is a one coat application) as I use their adhesive products as well which are compatable and flexible!
We don't use Liquid DPM (well, only once) Sika is known as one of the best.
(and no, flooringman, we won't go into that discussion again ;))

Sponsored Links
I have used 'Marley damp proofing paint and primer' to tank an external wall below ground level (from the inside of course :LOL:). Thought it was pretty good stuff. No problems. Had to prime the wall 1st because of its porosity and then a couple of undiluted coats to give a nice water proof seal. I'd recommend it and its good for the value.

I think liquid DPM is good for walls, but for concrete bases, you should really use a DPM sheet and for additional protection, paint on liquid DPM prior to laying the sheet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back