Little britain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the misfortune to tune into the tv programme about this duo's tour in Australia.
What a load of juvenile embarrassing c**p.
No I am not a retired vicar from Brighton, and I have been around quite a bit.
The day after I read in one of the papers a critic eulogising this pair and saying that they are comedy geniuses.
This critic was the same one who recently slated the late Bernard Manning.
Personally I thought BM was very funny, but the 2 in little britain seem to only have one topic and that concerns various parts of the anatomy.
Without that they are lost.
What is it that has the glitterati fawning over this unfunny duo, yet continually slated BM for his style of humour.
Couldn't by any chance be due to the fact that the 2 in LB are openly gay and BM was straight , could it!

Sponsored Links
The Goodies are funny according to my kids, I thought Ken Goodwin was funny in my youth, comedy in it's many forms and different styles seems to appeal to different age groups or some individuals who see funny things in almost anything.

I've never watched little britain. Its awful. The most simple, juvenile rubbish on telly. And to think our license fee pays for this carp.

Crafty said:
I've never watched little britain. Its awful. The most simple, juvenile rubbish on telly.
How do you know it is if you havn't watched it? ;) :)

Sponsored Links
The Goodies are funny according to my kids

Tim, how old are your kids, the Goodies was about 30 years ago.
Anyway compared to these 2 on LB, the Goodies were hillarious.
Is this what they call alternative comedy?

anobium said:
The Goodies are funny according to my kids

Tim, how old are your kids, the Goodies was about 30 years ago.
Anyway compared to these 2 on LB, the Goodies were hillarious.
Is this what they call alternative comedy?
The goodies are having a re run on Sky

gcol said:
You're not a bad lad Crafty. ;)
I do pay board! :LOL:

These people who go around doing LB impressions - "yeah but no but" WTF do they have any idea how STUPID they sound? "bovvered" :eek: AAAAAH!!!! GO AND PLAY WITH THE LORRIES ON THE MOTORWAY!!! :evil: Bring back Fawlty Towers!

LB is pap, and that Catherine Tate as well. Between them they're just re-hashing old Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse stuff without the humour.

anobium said:
I had the misfortune to tune into the tv programme about this duo's tour in Australia.
What a load of juvenile embarrassing c**p.
No I am not a retired vicar from Brighton, and I have been around quite a bit.
The day after I read in one of the papers a critic eulogising this pair and saying that they are comedy geniuses.
This critic was the same one who recently slated the late Bernard Manning.
Personally I thought BM was very funny, but the 2 in little britain seem to only have one topic and that concerns various parts of the anatomy.
Without that they are lost.
What is it that has the glitterati fawning over this unfunny duo, yet continually slated BM for his style of humour.
Couldn't by any chance be due to the fact that the 2 in LB are openly gay and BM was straight , could it!

One is openly gay the other may well set off the gaydar but he's often seen around town with beards -opps sorry I meant girls

The first series was great, then the joke(s) started to wear thin. BM was also funny and a great gag merchant but his stance was what got him on the banned list not his ability.

Cheers

Richard

solo said:
they're just re-hashing old Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse stuff without the humour.

Well Harry Enfield & chums was funny, the Fast Show was absolutely hilarious - but wtf is this new Harry Enfield cr@p?

Sponsored Links
Back