location of switchable fused spur for new combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Are there any restrictions as to where a switchable fused spur (to isolate a new combi boiler) can or cannot be located ?

The spur is currently just to the right of the new boiler's intended location, near the top and the pipes exit the boiler underneath and go down the wall.

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the plumbing section...?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
are there any pipes running close or above the fused spur? the main things to consider are the usual..... make sure water cant drip or spray onto the spur and make sure its acsesible to switch in an emergency.

industryspark said:
are there any pipes running close or above the fused spur? the main things to consider are the usual..... make sure water cant drip or spray onto the spur and make sure its acsesible to switch in an emergency.

Thanks for your reply. There's no pipes next to or above the spur - it's located adjacent to the boiler's casing and is about 7ft from the floor (I can reach it easily).

Sounds like it should be OK then ?

Sponsored Links
If its near the boiler that's fine. It would be kind, for the next person, to put a durable label on the FCU saying something meaningful like "Boiler".

Sometimes the switch is remote from the boiler. In that case I put a label on the boiler indicating where the switch is located.

That way, plumbers love you forever (assuming you want that to happen, of course!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back