Lockshield in room with thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello hope someone can help me. Have just changed all my rad valves with TRVs. I have left the rad with the room stat with 2x lockshield valves. I have adjusted the lockshield valves of all the rads with new TRVs according to their piperun from the boiler. My question is regarding the rad with 2x lockshields (in room with room stat). Should these be left fully open?, or the flow open and the return side balanced in with the others, or both fully open - bit confused - please help

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply. Should it be balanced on both valves or just the return side like the others with the flow valve fully open?

Sponsored Links
I am really sorry to be thick, but if I balance one in with the system, wot do I do with the other one?? fully open/closed/half? your help so far is appreciated

leave it fully open

you only need one valve to create the resistance nescessary for balancing the system

balancing is basically making the water flow where it dont want too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back