loft boarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP !!

im fitting loft flooring next week, but im stuck !, the water tanks will be out when i start the boarding.

my joist run width ways across my roof, but i have several additioanl bigger joists that run length ways that look like they have been added later to protect the water/heating pipes, which way is the best way to board my loft please ??

and will i still have the still showing when i have finished the boarding ?

i know its basically the bickwork pattern as detailed on the packs im using 320x1220x18

thanks to all your help

Phil

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo philip b and welcome :LOL: :LOL: ;)

i take it its for light storage!!!!

youve got to have a joist or bit off wood at every end for strength

big-all said:
heeelllooo philip b and welcome :LOL: :LOL: ;)

i take it its for light storage!!!!

youve got to have a joist or bit off wood at every end for strength

yes light storage only and thanks for welcome

the boards should run accross the joists

the other timbers are likely to be for extra support for example if you have concrete tiles instead of the old slate to help spread the load

if its only localised areas that are higher you have a few choices raise a bit more area and make a useable platform or just avoid using these areas
or raise the whole lot up to the highest point

removing the timbers isnt an option without proffesional looking at it

Sponsored Links
big-all said:
the boards should run accross the joists

the other timbers are likely to be for extra support for example if you have concrete tiles instead of the old slate to help spread the load

if its only localised areas that are higher you have a few choices raise a bit more area and make a useable platform or just avoid using these areas
or raise the whole lot up to the highest point

removing the timbers isnt an option without proffesional looking at it

i have concrete roof tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back