Loft Conversion Schedule Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in the process of a loft conversion and would appreciate some advice.

I have received the plans for the conversion, 1 bedroom and en-suite bathroom.

The front of the terraced house is to have 2 velux windows and the rear is to have 2 dormer windows, one for the bedroom and one for the bathroom which extends out the back of the house above the kitchen and bedroom bit, hope that makes sense!

The company doing the conversion says if we give them go-ahead they will submit all the plans for building regs and start the last week in September and it should take 6-8 weeks.

My wife is due to give birth on 1st December so I'm a bit nervous about the timescales involved.

Any people who have had conversions done or any builders here who can advise me? Is it feasible or should I wait till next year.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
yes its feasible. we hard ours done in may when my wife was due to drop in june. Better to have all the noise and dust now before little baba is born. Ask them for a schedule of the work so you know how the disruption will progress and so you can plan around it. Once the main roof work is done and watertight, you should be fairly ok anyway.

If theres one thing that spurs builders on to finish quick its the sight of a heavily pregnant women waddling around. ;)

sound about right we generally would complete a simple one bed and en-suite conversion in about 8 weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back