Loft Ladder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
we have brought and fitted a very poor strength loft ladder ( i seam to have no luck with ladders atall!)

We intend to take this one down and return it.

I have been looking around and like the look of the wooden ladders as the runs are wider and look safer.

However i do not want to buy another dud.

So can i ask if you have experience of loft ladders could you let me know which ones you have used and which ones you think are most suitable.

My ceiling to the loft hatch is 8ft and clearance directly above the loft hatch has to be 10ft but then gently slopes either side.

My budget is not great, would like to go no more than £80 but i think a wooden loft ladder will be more so i will have to say humbug and go with it. HUMBUG!

I can measure angles of roof apex tomorrw, as its 2.am and a little late for antique antics in the loft :D .

Sponsored Links
being wooden will it not be some what heavy?

I use a step ladder* to get into the loft. one of them thats a pair of steps or a ladder. also means i can use it as ......................a ladder (all be it small)

* my real ladder left me when i was young

LMAO i could use a half a long ladder but thats one hell of a hick to get it there every day.

never thought of the wieght , good thinking batman will have to recalculate.

as i said its not a ladder as in ladder but a pair of steps that become a ladder if you want to use them as such

first i use them as steps to open the hatch, then as a ladder to get ito the loft, and being a ladder i can extend it into the the loft, so you climb up and step off, unlike a loft ladder which you them climb off and climb onto to come down

Sponsored Links
oh right, i see sorry..
Yes i have one of those, but no good as i would have to bring it in and up and down stairs every time to use it. no room to store it in teh bedrooms either.

The loft is for storage but i can see it being used for access to the storage every other day.

Masona is right here. ive used the loft shop on a number of occasions and found them excellent. Top notch loft ladders for under £75.
what more do you need?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back