LOFT LIGHT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just installed a new light in my loft, from a switch which was near the loft hatch but was disabled.

There were a couple of cables running to this swith. One of these led to the rose in the bathroom light, and the other cable was not connected to andwhere.

I have connected my light in the loft to the switch. However, I can only turn it on and off at the switch when the bathroom light (this is the light one of the cables from the switch is connected to) is already on! The loft light does not work when the bathroom light s turned off.

Do I have to connect the cable that is currently not connected anywhere to somewhere?

Please could anyone assist?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you connected to switched live at the bathroom rose. connect the red wire to the permenant live. there will be a few of these (more than 2 anyway, all red).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back