Loft water tank - Still needed ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cold water tank in my loft , when we first moved in we had an immersion heater in a cupboard in the bathroom, that went many, many years ago and we now have a combi boiler.

I'm about to rip out the bathroom and re-do the plumbing. I have lead pipes coming down from this water tank that seem to only feed the bath cold tap and the toilet cistern. There is a lead pipe feeding the tank also , lead in and lead out.

Can i delete this tank in the loft ? and feed the bath cold tap and new cistern off the mains instead ?

some people have told me they have no water tank in the loft , any advice ?

Sponsored Links
Yes but you will need to change the cistern ball valve insert to a high pressure one.

Ok , so i can just dump it :)

any draw backs to deleting it ?

the new cistern's info sheet quotes water pressure at - 0.2Mpa - 0.8Mpa ?

All new cisterns usually come with high pressure and low pressure inserts as standard. You fit what you need.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
That's 2 to 8 bar. Mains will do nicely.

Really ? cool :)

It's a plastic concealed cistern , prolly made in china , the instructiions are a bit "chinglish"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back