Looking for a guide to using push fit Polypipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Im a home diy'er with quit a bit of experience using copper pipe for plumbing & soldering etc.

I would like to start using the PolyPipe push fit stuff,

Does anyone know of a good guide to using the stuff?

I'm guessing its pretty easy to use, Im just not sure about all this insert business.

Plus im going to be using it for alterations to my central heating system, and my hot/cold supply to kitchen sink.

So if anyone can point me to a good comprehensive guide that would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Polyplump do manuals!

Bear in mind that the warranty of all this placcy pipe is conditional on the outside of the tube not being scratched during installation - it compromises the O ring seals in the fittings.

If you want to take advantage of the warranty you may want to protect the parts where you will be jointing, during the drawing in process. For instance, using PVC tape.

Sponsored Links
avoid speedfit from john guest it will fail in about 6 years the fittings go brittle on heating and hot services

Hep2o also has problems with the grip rings not gripping properly

plumbfast and polyplumb - personally never had any trouble with either of these

kevindgas said:
Hep2o also has problems with the grip rings not gripping properly
Do you have statistics to support this, or is it just that you've come across some? I have, which is why I check and discard every faulty grab wedge. Do you not do that? :eek:

plumbfast and polyplumb - personally never had any trouble with either of these
They're not bad, but nowhere near as easily demountable as Hep2o Acorns.

I have never like those pastic push-fit fittings, I use speedit caps etc, for temporary connections but thats it.

Tectite lads!! Metal, solid, expensive, demountable, un-undoable.

Job done

Kill all ******!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back