looking for stuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anybody know where i can get some alloys of any FORD car please reply as soon as possible and also a FORD FIESTA if possible dirt cheap though!!!! :D

Sponsored Links
Breezer, yes this is a DIY forum, but by it's nature IT IS an information bureau.
Guest 123, every town in the country has a scrapyard, Loot, boot sales, Halfords etc etc Are you really having so much trouble finding alloys for a Fud? Give us a shout when you need the loo and we'll come and wipe your arse for you!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

A Ford dealership would be a good place to start, and if you buy them there than you won't have any problems with your warranty (they might get funny if you go in there with suspension problems and a set of 17s on your little Fester!)

Secondhand alloys are usually relatively cheap as whoever is selling them is more pre-occupied with the newer bigger ones they just put on. And Ford alloys are commonest of all due to the sheer number of cars they sell, and the number that get written off (wheels are often still vaguely round). Vauxhalls are traditionally the difficult cars to find wheels for as they have an unusual offset.

If cheapness is the issue, you could go for some of the nicer hub-caps (although I would rather walk than have plastic on my wheels). My sister bought some and at first glance I thought "I didn't know she had bought a set of alloys! They are a 5-spoke design, the bits between the spokes are blacked out so you can't really see they are plastic unless you pay attention to such things.

Apparently you can now even get roulette-wheel plastic hubcaps with a spinning centre. A mate of mine spotted them on a beaten up old heap at the traffic lights: wheel centres still spinning away! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
glocko said:
Breezer, yes this is a DIY forum, but by it's nature IT IS an information bureau.

'fraid it isn't

information beureau gives information, we give advice and opinions / different views

I think that people who want the information put in front of them should just be ignored.

You always get the same word appear "cheap" I find it annoying that people come on to this forum and say......................and i want it cheap

Quality costs, so why not get several quotes for what ever needs doing.

Or there was the recent one about cost of painting house, which suddenly turned into 3 blank walls.(cheap again)

or there is the recent one about the car radio, .........i have connected the ........... what does the manual say?

people often forget that the manual is actually there to help (ok not if it really is written in a foreign language)

but oh no, people will come on here and ask how do i ..............and the reply is what does the manual say?

or where can i get ...........

What is the point of asking on here for the price of something? answer none what so ever.

Think about it.

where is the person / work located, how long will it take to do? no, REALLY how long will it take, are there any "obstructions" we are not told about , (e.g. want wall painting only to find garage in the way)

without seeing the job for your self there is no way you can actually give a price for the job / work, which brings me back to my point, that there is no point in asking on here for a price, since poster may/not give all required info.......old chestnut being, "but i thought you knew we had a xxxxxxxx xxxxxx "(never been before)

as your reply to the poster said. ".......when you need the loo......"

some people are just dangerous doing nothing

I can see what Breezer means. I appreciate that we all want a job doing yesterday for free, but you don't just go for the cheapest option as this is seldom cheapest in the long run. I am so glad I don't have to deal with the public in my job. I once worked in a shop called "Everything's a pound!", with signs everywhere saying "Everything costs just £1!". What was the most common question from customers? "How much is this?". Second most common question "If it is 2 for £1, can I have 1 for 50p?" :mad:

And as the sage old wisdom dictates:

RTFM

:LOL:

I have noticed that breezer seems to be coming back with slap on the wrist comments.

He is right, some of the questions are just laziness. It must take longer to post than it would look through the yellow pages, which if nothing else would be local.

The problem is, most questions we ask could be cleared up elsewhere... by web searching ... books, friends etc.
But there is a 'community feel' to these forum ... Like a good old local pub, where experience is shared

If you don't ask you don't usually get !! I suppose it is all to do with how you ask.

P

Mine will be a pint then please pipme!

Pint of rough any time your'e in the Plough!

Sure you are not Nailsea ?

P

hey i was only asking about a cheap little 1600cc fiesta for a spare as i do racing in them and would like a spare possibly a xr2i as these are a lot better (122bhp) standard loving it write back soon guest 123

like i said, there is no point in replying to questions like yours as you have so kindly showed questions like yours are a waste.

you asked a pointless question in June, then you come back in November 5 months later for the reply. i rest my case

If you go out of my front door, turn left, 1st left, at the end of the road turn right (carefull that's a blind junction), to the end of the road, left then right (it's actually a staggered junction), immediately on the right there is a really cheap place for wheels (around the back of the snooker hall). They also sell part worn tyres, dirt cheap (full set for a fiesta would be about £40).

If you don't find what you're after there, come out and turn left then right, to the end of the road turn right at the mini roundabout. Straight across at the end of the road. About 500 yards up, on the right hand side, there is a breakers yard.

After visiting the breakers yard, you can come out, down the hill, turn right. Follow the road for about 3 miles (across 1 set of traffic lights and a roundabout). At the mini roundabout on the right, there is a shop that sells second hand car parts. They always have alloys for Fords available.

On your way back from here, if you take the first turning on the right (next to the pub), follow this down to the end of the road. Take the last turning on the right (just before the traffic lights), and immediately on the left there is an alley. Go down there and you'll find a scrap metal dealers. They generally have some cheap alloys to hand (not open weekends though).

Unfortunately, I don't suppose it means much to you, as you don't know where I live. I would tell you but then I'd have to kill you. I suppose the alternative is to go into a shop and buy some. :)

Sponsored Links
Back